Sr. Data Warehouse Developer (SSIS Developer) ( Job Ref : BGD5AR278814 )
Geneva Consulting Group
- Job Title:
- Sr. Data Warehouse Developer (SSIS Developer)
- Job Location:
- Other New York - New York
- Category :
- IT Software - DBA / Datawarehousing
- Information Technology
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Job Role:
- Software Developer
- Job Type:
- Annual Salary:
- Experience Required:
- 10-12 Years
Designs develops and implements complex Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) procedures to feed data into the Enterprise Data Repository from disparate clinical and non-clinical data sources.
- Must be skilled with IBM Datastage in a data warehouse environment.
- Knowledge of Datastage modules, select and deploy and integrate appropriate modules and code in complex data environment
- Analyzes and translates functional specifications and change requests into Datastage technical specifications
- Create efficient loads, tune projects, manage resources for a Netezza (preferred) data appliance environment.
- Designs, develops and implements complex Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) procedures.
- Develops data warehouse process models, including sourcing, extraction, transformation and loading.
- Creates execution plans, test files and scripts for data warehouse testing.
- Produces supporting documentation, such as metadata and diagrams of entity relationships, business processes and process flow.
- Develops and maintains standards, including organization, structure and nomenclature, for the design of data warehouse elements (data architectures, models, tools and databases).
- Implements business rules via stored procedures, middleware or other technologies.
- Maps data between source systems, data warehouse and data marts.
- Performs system analysis, data analysis or programming.
- Selects methods, techniques or criteria for data warehousing evaluation procedures. Verifies structure, accuracy and quality of warehouse data.
- Writes new programs or modifies existing to meet project requirements.
- Investigates and tests new software solutions or products, as necessary.
- Provides mentoring and coaching to team members and affiliated teams, as needed.
- Reviews and provides guidance to the development team and recommendations to optimize the data extraction and loading using ETL jobs.
- Develops and implements corrections and improvements according to change requests. 19. Collaborates and works with multiple technical and business units to resolve support issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field Minimum ten (10) years of experience in the design, development, and implementation of databases/data warehouses.
- Extensive experience with enterprise level ETL tools. Strong understanding of ETL design and development such as direct-path loading and parallel SQL.
- Strong understanding of data warehouse concepts and architecture. Understanding of star/snowflake schema design; dimension and fact tables.
- Strong understanding of Oracle and SQL Server database architecture
- Understanding of data modeling and design including partitioning, indexing, constraints and optimizer statistics.
- Experience with development methodologies such as Agile.
- Full life cycle experience (requirements gathering through production deployment) in all aspects of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.
- Analytic, process flow, problem-solving, communication, customer service, organization skills, required.
- Knowledge of Health Industry and Healthcare Data Exchange Standards (HL7, CCD), preferred.
- Knowledge of web services (SOAP, REST), preferred
Geneva Consulting Group
Established in :
14 Vanderventer Avenue, Suite 250 Port Washington, New York - 11050, United States
Website : http://www.genevaconsulting.com/