Security Network Engineer ( Job Ref : KDFTRM348821 )
SA Technologies Inc
- Job Title:
- Security Network Engineer
- Job Location:
- Dallas - Texas
- Category :
- Information Technology
- Information Technology
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Job Role:
- Network Engineer
- Job Type:
- Hourly Salary:
- Experience Required:
- 4-5 Years
- Identify changes needed in data center infrastructure design and configurations necessary to achieve the technology organization goals.
- Actively participate in data center infrastructure strategy reviews and design sessions by performing applicable network, system, application, database, and security analysis.
- Analyzes network & IT system response and determines tuning recommendations to improve performance, adhere to capacity management expectations, and provide performance management reporting.
- Manage effective issue identification and resolution processes; Serve as a senior escalation point for all data center network and IT security operations issues with a degree of quality that results in absolute root-cause determination and drive vendor partners to provide quality assurances by requiring immediate bug fixes, software updates, etc.
- Perform advanced tier 3 support, to include but not limited to: troubleshooting, off-hour maintenance activities, problem resolution, and on-call rotation while ensuring all activities will adhere to the services change management policy.
- Perform capacity planning of all systems and environments; ensure that upgrades are completed on a standardized basis.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network systems, design, configuration, support and processes.
- Create and maintain playbooks and remediation plans ensuring that these are tested and updated regularly.
- Conduct high-level and low-level designs for data center security and network infrastructure projects and manage data center infrastructure changes.
- Interact with partner organizations/departments to design network or system solutions for our data center infrastructure
- Design and develop solutions and network requirements based on business unit needs; make recommendations on investments in network hardware and services.
- Evaluate new technologies and recommend future strategy to Management.
- Interact with business partners to develop a strategy to implement perimeter and edge security.
- Experience in architecture and design of global enterprise and data center network solutions.
- Follow industry standards, regulatory requirements and the potential impacts to policies / controls, standards, and procedures and assist in audit situations, regional compliance and steering committees.
- A recognized university degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Have at least 5 complete years of relevant working experience with implementation / deployment / securing global and enterprise networks.
- Strong experience in the field of cyber security in LAN, WAN, and information technology.
- Focus on detecting, monitoring and controlling network equipment and processes using:
- Firewalls / Routers / Switches (i.e. Palo Alto, Juniper, Cisco)
- VPN / IPSEC (i.e. Palo Alto)
- Load Balancers (i.e. F5)
- Network Access Controller
- Application Software (i.e. Syslog / Trap)
- Network Tools (i.e. Wireshark, TCP Dump, Iperf)
- Operations Support Systems (i.e Nagios, Zabbix, PRTG, CMDB)
- Business applications (i.e. Servicenow, Jira)
- Configuration management (i.e. Linedancer)
- Analysis Tools (i.e. Elasticseach, Kabana, Logstash)
- Experience and knowledge of traditional security controls and technologies, such as:
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention systems (IDS/IPS)
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Identity and Access Management (IDAM) systems
- Antivirus software and Firewalls
- Privilege/vulnerability and threat management
- In addition to newer offerings such as:
- Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
- Information Protection
- Cloud Security (AWS/Azure)
- Threat Intelligence Platforms
- Security Automation and Orchestration
- Deception technologies and application controls
- Well-rounded knowledge of system and network security techniques and standards, NIST CSF, 800-53, 800-42.
- Knowledge in penetration testing, networks and operating systems would be an added advantage.
- Demonstrates understanding of project management processes, including the planning of action items and resources, including RFI/RFP.
- Able to communicate developed technology solutions, expresses the importance of an effective implementation and develops implementation plans.
- Certifications in Information Security and IT disciplines such as MCSE, RHCE, CISSP, CEH, Network +, etc.
- Experience with system communications protocols (TCP/IP, UDP IP, HTTP, FTP, SFTP, BGP, OSPF).
- Creative, independent with good problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Willingness to travel on overseas assignment as the need arises.
SA Technologies Inc
Established in : 2002
5201 Great America Pkwy, Suite #355 Santa Clara, California - 95054, United States