Business Analyst ( Job Ref : XYUOKC341476 )
- Job Title:
- Business Analyst
- Job Location:
- Morristown - New Jersey
- Category :
- IT Software - Application Programming / Maintenance
- Information Technology
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Job Role:
- Business Analyst
- Job Type:
- Annual Salary:
- Experience Required:
- 2-8 Years
- The Business Analyst will be responsible for leading the business and functional requirements definition for Policy / Billing / Claims administration as well as downstream systems and reporting.
- The business analyst will also be responsible for planning and facilitating user acceptance testing and managing business relationships.
- The role requires up to 30% travel to client sites.
- Identify and translate business needs into clearly defined requirements, and create documentation inclusive of business use cases, process flows, data flows, traceability matrices and report mock-ups.
- Plan, facilitate, and conduct requirements gathering sessions, meetings, and presentations.
- Lead review sessions for completed business/functional requirements with key business users focused on gaining consensus and final business approval.
- Build strong relationships within the business units and support functions to understand the business needs.
- Collaborate with development and testing teams to provide subject matter expertise, ensure that out of the box functionality is leveraged and assist in troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Ensure that proposed solutions are focused on improving efficiency and effectiveness of the business processes, and are consistent across products where possible.
- Participate in the development and planning of the User Acceptance Testing activities, including test plans and scripts, based on requirements.
- Facilitate UAT execution phase and work with project manager to obtain user acceptance test signoff.
- Travel as required, approximately 30%.
Relevant Business analysis experience in the Commercial Property & Casualty insurance industry..
- Strong technology experience with policy /billing / claims administration solutions.
- Experience with prior P&C COTS product strongly preferred.
- Experienced with Agile SCRUM methodology and business analysis methodologies; working knowledge of business analysis documentation standards.
- Hands-on experience writing user stories is required.
- Knowledge and experience leveraging both IT solutions and business process improvements.
- Experience operating and interfacing with business management, including negotiation and presentation skills.
- Proven track record of creating clear, concise deliverables that reflect a deep understanding of business needs and the out of the box software functionality.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience working with in a regulatory reporting environment, i.e. ISO Rates, Rules and Forms
B.A / B.S degree
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) is a plus
- Insurance Certification, i.e. CPCU a Plus
Established in :
1 Woodbridge Center, Suite 720 Woodbridge, New Jersey - 07095, United States
Website : http://www.tephrainc.com/